Lock Axis button affecting templates as well as units

Write here if you have you found a bug or you just want to share and idea to make this game better.
Edzig

Lock Axis button affecting templates as well as units

Postby Edzig » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:26 am

Hi there,
I'm using UB2 on the app on a Mac MacOS 10.13.3.

When I activate the Lock movement of objects to only axis X and axis Y button, it affects templates and symbols as well as units. My opponents tell me this is not the case on other platforms. Is this a known problem, and is it something that can be fixed? It would be better, obviously, if only units' movement was affected.

The game I am playing is Kings of War.
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Re: Lock Axis button affecting templates as well as units

Postby Lorenzo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:39 am

Can you post screenshots? I am not sure I understand what is the issue.
Edzig

Postby Edzig » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:13 pm

Let me try to explain better.

One of the great additions in UB2 for playing Kings of War is the lock axis button at the far right of the row of buttons on the bar below the play field. I am talking about the one that locks the movement of units to their x and y axes - so they can only go straight ahead, straight back or directly left or right. That, combined with the pivot around unit centre, and with the recording of all movement in inches, means you don't have to use rulers to move your units correctly during the game. In KOW units can only ever move forward, back or sideways combined with one or two pivots around the unit centre in the course of their move. So for units, you want to leave this button toggled on all of the time.

Templates and rulers are a different matter though. You want to be able to drag them wherever you want on the play field, regardless of their axis. At the moment on my MacOS machine if that button is toggled on, then tools and map items as well as units can only be dragged straight ahead, back or to the side. That means I have to toggle the button off every time I want to move a template or ruler, but then toggle it back on again when I want to move a unit.

One of my opponents has told me that it doesn't work like that on the PC platform - that only units are affected by the lock axis button, while tools and map items can be moved freely. That saves toggling that button on and off all the time - you can just leave it on all game.

My request is for that button to work on the Mac platform the way I've been told it works on the PC platform.

I could take a screenshot of the button, but I am not sure that any other screen shot would help.

Is that any clearer?
piteglio

Postby piteglio » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:10 pm

i can confirm that on PC the lock axes button does not affect templates,
if that's of any use
f
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:51 am

Ok I understand now, could be a bug, I'll look into it. Thanks
Edzig

Postby Edzig » Sun May 20, 2018 9:37 pm

Just a quick bump to say that this problem is still current.

@Lorenzo, when do you expect to try to fix this?

Return to “Bugs/Feedback”