Swordmaster's Feedback

Write here if you have you found a bug or you just want to share and idea to make this game better.
Swordmaster

Swordmaster's Feedback

Postby Swordmaster » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:25 am

Hello,

I have just played my first game on UB2. It took me longer to organize one and I wanted to provide feedback after I played, even if some of the things I want to mention are my impressions I got at the very beginning. I would also like to add that I haven't quite checked the forum for the questions I would like to ask, so my apologies if something was already answered. If that is the case I would like to ask for a directions to the topic that deals with it.

Ok! The game I played is a 2000 points per side game of Kings of War where I commanded Elven army against the alliance of Kingdoms of Men and Brotherhood. Here are the topics in relatively random order:

1. Army/Models

I noticed that I cannot upload my armies designed for UB1. Hence my first question, is there a way to import the previously created armies from UB1?

I spent some time in learning new editor. The details and quality of the models are clearly superior. However, they seem to matter little and are not that distinguishable when placed during the game. And I am using 21" screen. I played a bit with how the new editor works because it is different. In particular getting the color I was looking for in terms of armor or clothes took a bit of experimenting.

This time I simply used predefined elements to create my own models and units but I noticed there are armies created by other users. Is there a way to find these armies? I only noticed the window at the bottom of the screen when I log in with current activities. How about searching for armies already created?

2. Maps/Terrain

As in the case of armies I could not find a way to import the maps I have already created for UB1. I don't mind doing it again but I would prefer to be able to upload them too. Is there a way to do so?

Is there a way to define the size of the terrain pieces or are these fixed?

3. Tools/Features/Chat

I really like the feature that measures automatically the distance any piece is moved. Be it tool, unit, model or terrain. Very useful, just forgot to ask if my opponent can see that. :) But if he did then it is great.

I miss the tape though. The rulers have fixed length and sometimes one needs to measure random but longer distance. I can use a red dot symbol, place it where I want to measure and drag it to where I want. However, I would love to have a semitransparent tape measure to do that because as soon as I release the red dot then the distance result disappears.

I like additional function that shows you how many dice scored 2+, 3+, 5+, 6+ as it makes it faster to see how many to pick for the next roll.

Chat worked fine too, although I could not copy and paste it anymore. In Ub1 I could simply click in the chat area and Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C to mark and copy whole chat. I use that for battle reports to have details of each dice roll if I need it.

I could not find the option to take screen shots so I simply used print screen function. Did I miss it? If yes, where is it?

4. General Impressions

In general I like the new graphics and the features I mentioned about earlier. The game went smoothly and I will play a few more just to get used to the different interface. I hope to discover more features because at the moment I had a feeling I had to learn the same things I did for UB1 that are simply done differently in UB2 for the same action.

I will probably experiment a bit more with the units and colors too in order to make them look better.

Thanks!
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Re: Swordmaster's Feedback

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:41 am

Hi there, thanks for you feedback!

Here are my answers:

1. Army/Models
The problem with importing UB1 armies is that those were built to work with Flash. UB2 is built with Unity so those images are not going to be working since those are vector graphic.
Good news is that it is very easy to clone other people models. In the Army Editor, simply click on the Magnifying Glass icon and search for the armies that you like, then click on the model and then "Clone". you can also search by user, wiring in the search box "u:username".

2. Maps/Terrain
Same for the models, those maps cannot be imported because they use different graphical algorithm.
Currently it is not possible to change the same, but I am working on a possible solution. Did you find any terrain that was the wrong size? I am happy to add more terrain with different sizes if you point the wrong ones to me.

3. Tools/Features/Chat
The opponent cannot see the distance line but he can see it in the chat.
I am working on a modifiable tape.
Regarding the Chat not being able to be copied anymore, I am going to add a Copy to clipboard feature very soon.
I need to add a feature to make screenshots.

Thanks again for the feedback, the more people tell me their opinion the better shape I can give to UB2.
Keep in mind that I have had to change the size and position of User Interface because I am going to publish UB2 on iOS and Android, so buttons had to be made bigger.
Swordmaster

Postby Swordmaster » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:06 am

Hi Lorenzo!

Thanks a lot for your quick reply! I greatly appreciate that and all your efforts to make UB2 a much better experience to all users!

Thanks a lot for the explanations, I didn't know about the differences between the versions. Now I understand why certain things could be implemented and why others could not.

As to the terrain I didn't find anything wrong with the size, I simply wanted to add I didn't notice the option that I thought might be useful. For example, if I could change the length of the wall as an obstacle I might need to place a single terrain feature like that instead of using a few with fixed dimensions.

I will check the way you told me about in terms of armies. Do you have similar depository for maps too?

Thanks again for the quick reply and continuous efforts to bring the players the best platform to use!

Cheers!
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:12 am

No problem, thank you for your feedback!
Regarding the maps search, yes, you can search maps by name and user like you can do for the armies.
If you do find any missing piece of terrain, for example "longer walls" please let me know and I will add those.
One thing that is actually helpful, if you do create the terrain yourself using the model editor, you can tell me the name of the model and I can clone in the terrain list directly form your model.
Swordmaster

Postby Swordmaster » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:38 am

Hi there!

Sorry it took me so long to get back with more feedback but I have not played online for some time. Only recently I have had a game on UB2 and I really enjoyed it. New tape measuring tool is absolutely fantastic and I am very happy to see it added to the box.

I created a few maps too and I found the whole process quite easy and straightforward. I tried to improve the visual look of the army by making the colors brighter too. I think the only thing I would like to ask for is the option to take pictures of the battle field. At the moment I am using Print Screen and need to crop it later in any image editor. While not a big issue in itself it would be nice to have that snapshot option as in UB1.

Thanks!
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Postby Lorenzo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:49 am

No problem, that's definitely something I need to add.

Return to “Bugs/Feedback”