Caledoriv wrote:I've had some fun playing around, but I also have some suggestions to make the game more intuitive and user friendly:
The scroll speed with the mouse wheel is insanely slow. You have to use the mause to move the bar currently.
Button & Tab Colours:
The grey that was used here implies usually a disabled button. I recommend using another colour and grey ONLY for disabled things. I asked myself multiple times why cannot use this feature... I can, but the colour code implied something different.
This was especially tedious in the model generation screen where you can choose the base type (round, squared etc.). I really believed these buttons were disabled.
This also applies for the chat button and the tabs in the scenery window / model editor, where you can add terrain: Here, the colour should probably always be white and the background colour the only indicator of what is currently selevted.
Amount of Dice:
Even though the feature to type a number of dice to throw is there, it is hidden (as was mentioned before). Is it possible to display an edit field around the number sice? That'd imply that typing a number is indeed possible.
Are there plans to include zooming by mouse wheel again? I really missed it in the few minuts I played around.
Will there be more meters than the current ones? E.g. something with adjustable length similar to the thing in UB1?
By the way, what is the pin in the top left corer of windows during a game for? I didn't figure out the functionality yet.
Hey Caledoriv, thanks!
- Scrolling: This will be fixed in the next few days. Where is this mostly a problem for you?
- Button & Tab Colours: Very good point about the tabs, they are completely grayed out, I need to figure out something better. Regarding instead the green/black buttons for the base type (Squared, Round, None) what colors would you use instead, otherwise how do you think it would make sense to change those.
- Amount of Dice: 100% agree, should be in the next few days.
- Zooming: I want this too, this one is tricky in Unity though, I just have to find some time to figure out a good way of doing it.
- Measuring: I have plans to add an extensible meter but besides that one, which one else is necessary? Also honestly do you think that the extensible meter is still necessary given the new distance line?
- The pin in the left corner of the draggable windows pins the windows down, so it wont close when you place a model.
BTW I keep a very well updated and organized Trello board about what I am working on here https://trello.com/b/swLZ3mTM/universal-battle-2