Random bugs/suggestions

Write here if you have you found a bug or you just want to share and idea to make this game better.
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Re: Random bugs/suggestions

Postby Lorenzo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:01 pm

Fred le gaucher wrote:Hello,

I can't login with UB2 :
It seems that I cant't type spaces for my username in UB2, which is quite inconvenient with an username like mine. :roll:

Yes spaces are not allowed. If you pm me a different username I can change it for you.
Caledoriv

Postby Caledoriv » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:15 am

I've had some fun playing around, but I also have some suggestions to make the game more intuitive and user friendly:

Scrolling:
The scroll speed with the mouse wheel is insanely slow. You have to use the mause to move the bar currently.

Button & Tab Colours:
The grey that was used here implies usually a disabled button. I recommend using another colour and grey ONLY for disabled things. I asked myself multiple times why cannot use this feature... I can, but the colour code implied something different.
This was especially tedious in the model generation screen where you can choose the base type (round, squared etc.). I really believed these buttons were disabled.
This also applies for the chat button and the tabs in the scenery window / model editor, where you can add terrain: Here, the colour should probably always be white and the background colour the only indicator of what is currently selevted.

Amount of Dice:
Even though the feature to type a number of dice to throw is there, it is hidden (as was mentioned before). Is it possible to display an edit field around the number sice? That'd imply that typing a number is indeed possible.

Zooming:
Are there plans to include zooming by mouse wheel again? I really missed it in the few minuts I played around.

Measuring:
Will there be more meters than the current ones? E.g. something with adjustable length similar to the thing in UB1?

By the way, what is the pin in the top left corer of windows during a game for? I didn't figure out the functionality yet.
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Postby Lorenzo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:17 am

Caledoriv wrote:I've had some fun playing around, but I also have some suggestions to make the game more intuitive and user friendly:

Scrolling:
The scroll speed with the mouse wheel is insanely slow. You have to use the mause to move the bar currently.

Button & Tab Colours:
The grey that was used here implies usually a disabled button. I recommend using another colour and grey ONLY for disabled things. I asked myself multiple times why cannot use this feature... I can, but the colour code implied something different.
This was especially tedious in the model generation screen where you can choose the base type (round, squared etc.). I really believed these buttons were disabled.
This also applies for the chat button and the tabs in the scenery window / model editor, where you can add terrain: Here, the colour should probably always be white and the background colour the only indicator of what is currently selevted.

Amount of Dice:
Even though the feature to type a number of dice to throw is there, it is hidden (as was mentioned before). Is it possible to display an edit field around the number sice? That'd imply that typing a number is indeed possible.

Zooming:
Are there plans to include zooming by mouse wheel again? I really missed it in the few minuts I played around.

Measuring:
Will there be more meters than the current ones? E.g. something with adjustable length similar to the thing in UB1?

By the way, what is the pin in the top left corer of windows during a game for? I didn't figure out the functionality yet.

Hey Caledoriv, thanks!

- Scrolling: This will be fixed in the next few days. Where is this mostly a problem for you?

- Button & Tab Colours: Very good point about the tabs, they are completely grayed out, I need to figure out something better. Regarding instead the green/black buttons for the base type (Squared, Round, None) what colors would you use instead, otherwise how do you think it would make sense to change those.

- Amount of Dice: 100% agree, should be in the next few days.

- Zooming: I want this too, this one is tricky in Unity though, I just have to find some time to figure out a good way of doing it.

- Measuring: I have plans to add an extensible meter but besides that one, which one else is necessary? Also honestly do you think that the extensible meter is still necessary given the new distance line?

- The pin in the left corner of the draggable windows pins the windows down, so it wont close when you place a model.

BTW I keep a very well updated and organized Trello board about what I am working on here https://trello.com/b/swLZ3mTM/universal-battle-2
Vega

Postby Vega » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:28 am

any possiblity of some more Sci-fi units Lorenzo? The sci fi guns are awesome, would love to be able to do a whole army for sci fi (tanks, gunships, apcs, bikes, etc).
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Postby Lorenzo » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:11 am

Hey Vega, yes definitely. With time I'll add more models.
Abrasus

Postby Abrasus » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm

Hey,
Would it be possible to add letters A and T to 'Numbers' as one of the shapes? I'm trying to make T9A lores of magic as one of the armies (including full descriptions) and having ability to mark Attribute and Trait would be very usefull.
Cheers!

Oh, and I run into limit of models in one army :(. I wouldn't like splitting it into two. This army would need to contain around 75 different models, I think current limit is 50? Do you think changing that is smart idea?
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Postby Lorenzo » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:34 pm

You mean adding letters in the model editor?
Abrasus

Postby Abrasus » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:35 pm

Yeah. If you also could take a look at army I created (T9A Full Magic Lores) I don't seem to be able to place (Transmutation to Lead) on the table - number 5 from the first lore - don't know why.

Cheers!
Abrasus

Postby Abrasus » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:57 pm

Also, there is no extendable meter?

What do you think of putting standard three deployment zones for 9th age as a point and click option? Also what does the button on the right from the 'Units' in the game do?
danrakh

Postby danrakh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:27 pm

Abrasus wrote:(...)Also what does the button on the right from the 'Units' in the game do?
Enable/disable movement trays (with disabled you cannot take off models off the tray so no messin' up with a unit when moving anymore).

As for deployments I think we need work on official maps anyway.
Martins

Postby Martins » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:23 pm

i do first 4 oficial standar maps, charge map and write in the search "General_Map1" same on others changing number
Abrasus

Postby Abrasus » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:30 pm

I think I found out why it won't position some of the spells - information tab is too big for it I guess. Would you be fine with changing that too, since some of the spells have pretty long descriptions, but I would love this is be as accurate as possible.

Oh and is there a way to change order of units inside an army?
Abrasus

Postby Abrasus » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:51 am

After a game:
1) Extendable tape and pencil tool would be very nice
2) A tool that would show the distance between two units would be nice too
3) Summary of dicies rolled (how many 2+, 3+, 4+) should be used if over 7 (?) dices were rolled, otherwise it is annoying as hell and everyone can count what happened on 7 dice. Getting this message after every little spell rolled is quite irritating tho.
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Postby Lorenzo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:10 am

Some of those features are definitely coming in the future.
To change order of a model within an army simply press and hold the thumbnail.
Abrasus

Postby Abrasus » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:37 am

Will increased unit info size and increased maximum army size be implemented? Don't know what should I do with my magic lores army.
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Postby Lorenzo » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:50 am

The info size already allows for a lot of text, I am limiting the space to avoid people copy pasting codex in those. Do you really need more than the space allowed?

Same thing for the army, currently the max size in 30x7 which should be enough for a lot of models, do you need more than 210 models?
Abrasus

Postby Abrasus » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:36 pm

I mean, I can put the info, but it doesn't allow me to put a marker with long info on the field (you could check by yourself army called T9A Full Magic Lores, number 5 in the second row of the army, called Transmutation to Lead). If I try to put it on, nothing happens.

Also, looking at the same army, I was trying to make around 75 different models in one army (including Attributes and Traits for all 10 lores), but after 50th unit it prevents me from adding more.
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Postby Lorenzo » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:27 pm

The limit for info is 512 characters.

Instead of having one army with 75 models can you make 2 armies?
Abrasus

Postby Abrasus » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:38 pm

I obviously can, but I would prefer this to be in one army, just so players can easier find their own lores.

Info from the 'model' I pointed out is around 290 characters according to Microsoft Word. I am not reaching the limit, but when I try to put model on, it doesn't show up. Let me make some screenshots:

After cliking 'Place it' button:

It works nicely for every other unit in this army except for ones that have longer description (around 300 characters I would guess).
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Postby Lorenzo » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:14 am

Edit: I see the issue, it seems to be a limitation of the server database to only function up to 255 character. I will limit it to 255 for now while I find a solution.
I also expanded the limit of an army to 75

Return to “Bugs/Feedback”