Random bugs/suggestions

Write here if you have you found a bug or you just want to share and idea to make this game better.
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Re: Random bugs/suggestions

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:46 pm

Yea modifying models while in mid round is not really supported yet.
For now to solve it, the opponent has to close the app and reopen it.
The person that modified the model doesn't have to do that though.
Spacegoblin

Postby Spacegoblin » Sun May 07, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi, just bought UB 2 for a 3 month period but I can't seem to open it on my desktop....the files seemed to be downloaded and installed OK but when I try and open it the loading screen stops loading when it comes to trying to join the lobby...
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Postby Lorenzo » Sun May 07, 2017 3:52 pm

Spacegoblin wrote:Hi, just bought UB 2 for a 3 month period but I can't seem to open it on my desktop....the files seemed to be downloaded and installed OK but when I try and open it the loading screen stops loading when it comes to trying to join the lobby...

Sent you a pm
SIMON

Postby SIMON » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:36 pm

Also can not connect to the lobby.

Simon
BenMitchell

Postby BenMitchell » Fri May 25, 2018 1:35 pm

Hey Lorenzo,

Just wanted to say again what an amazing product this is! I had 2 suggestions that could help make this product even more amazing, 1 of which I think would be relatively easy for you:

1 - I love the latest change to the arc template, where it gives the 1" lines with different colors at certain intervals. Is there a way that you could add another button along that same dashboard that would extend that template around the entire model and give the 45 degree arcs shooting out from all the corners of the model/unit?

My reasoning for this request is this: There are times in the games we play where it is very useful to know what is within X inches of a model/unit for an area of effect. This includes immediate effects and passive effects. It speeds up a players time immensely if while he's moving a unit he can click on the unit and see if it is still providing it's leadership to other nearby units, for example. In addition, there is value from arcs in other directions to see if a unit is in the target units rear instead of flank. The current solution my buddies and I use in this situation is to have spare models handy that we move on top of the original, at 90 degrees off the original units facing.

It needs to be an additional button to help minimize game clutter. 80 percent of the time the front arc is all that a player needs; it's that additional key 20 percent where having the additional arcs and 1" lines all around provides value. If an additional button is too much, perhaps the front arc and lines could be a darker or bolder color while the remaining arcs and lines could be there, but a bit faded so as not to distract.

2 - As an extension of this request, I've noticed that when I click on my opponents units to look at their arcs/ranges I can typically only click on an individual model within a unit, where I might want to click on the unit as a whole. I would like to be able to click on the unit as a whole in some way, but I can see how making this change might be harder, or it might be a 'I can either set it up to click on an opposing model or an opposing unit' type of answer. If that's the case, you can leave this functionality as is, and it'll still be very good.

Again; amazing product, thank you for all your time and effort. You've really allowed competitive gamers like myself to keep our skills sharp by giving us a vehicle to test ourselves against the best competition we can find!

Best,

Ben
piteglio

Postby piteglio » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:39 am

hi Ben!
i agree with you:

2 - it'd be nice to be able to see line of sight for the entire enemy unit as well. now you can control this for your own units by using the "move entire unit by clicking anywhere" button. but for enemy units it's still model by model.

1 - yes, the optional "inch lines" around an entire model or unit would be a great feature to add! i think it was mentioned in this post (not sure how to add links in this forum: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=57#p331 ). it'd be splendid to check with a single click a variety of things, e.g. to see if you're within 12" from the general, or if you're within 6" from a tactical objective...

there'll be several T9A activities this month (playtesting of the QuickStarter, open ShiftingTides tournament), and i'm sure all players would LOVE these extra features!
cheers,
f

Return to “Bugs/Feedback”