Random bugs/suggestions

Write here if you have you found a bug or you just want to share and idea to make this game better.
Abrasus

Random bugs/suggestions

Postby Abrasus » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:47 am

Hi,
I spent some time having fun with UB 2.0. I'm generally pretty impressed by new looks and improvements, but there are some things that struck me as negative.
1) Can't allow user to play from chat, need to switch to tab with names
2) Command Group is sooooo big (and why can it be separated from the unit?)
3) Need spaces between chat comments from one person
4) You should be able to put amount of dice (50 bows can be hard now)
5) Where do you add info to the unit?
6) Wheels doesn't measure distance
perforce87

Re: Random bugs/suggestions

Postby perforce87 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:59 am

Abrasus wrote:Hi,
I spent some time having fun with UB 2.0. I'm generally pretty impressed by new looks and improvements, but there are some things that struck me as negative.
This is being done alredy :) viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9
Lorenzo wrote:Add more info to model: This is kinda tricky, I purposely decided to not add this feature in UB2 because some people where copy pasting directly from copyrighted material. Also not many people were using this. If you give me an example or idea on how to make this lightweight and safe I would be happy to implement!

Read more about it here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3
https://trello.com/c/Fc6V4V9S/117-add-distance-line-when-wheeling
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:06 pm

Thanks, some of these are already in development.
1) What do you mean exactly? you can tap on their chat messages also from chat to allow them to play.
2) Command group is big so that the symbols are easier to touch, it also can be unlinked, it's the button in the shape of a broken chain, does it not work for you?
3) What do you mean space? currently if you write messages right after another, the chat is smart enough to group them under your name, is this confusing?
4) This feature will ship in the next version (possibility today or tomorrow).
5) This feature will ship in the next version (possibility today or tomorrow).
6) If anybody has the time to create a visual representation of how this should look like, that would make it much easier to implement.
Martins

Postby Martins » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:50 pm

6) If anybody has the time to create a visual representation of how this should look like, that would make it much easier to implement.

Same as UB1, is perfect.
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Postby Lorenzo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:39 am

Ok sounds good, that's how I am planning to implement it now.
If anyone thinks there could be a better implementation let me know.
perforce87

Postby perforce87 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:23 am

Lorenzo wrote:Ok sounds good, that's how I am planning to implement it now.

Maybe a button could be added in the bottom taskbar (adding image to show where i mean). So enable you to switch between showing Inches and CM?

Next to that one might be a good spot to add a "lock all unit movement to their current diretion" button
Attachments
ScreenShot00021.jpg
ScreenShot00021.jpg (31.92 KiB) Viewed 6125 times
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Postby Lorenzo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:45 am

perforce87 wrote:
Lorenzo wrote:Ok sounds good, that's how I am planning to implement it now.

Maybe a button could be added in the bottom taskbar (adding image to show where i mean). So enable you to switch between showing Inches and CM?

Next to that one might be a good spot to add a "lock all unit movement to their current diretion" button

The problem I have now with the bottom bar is that there is not much space, what do you think if when you select a model I hide the 5 buttons (save, map, tools, units and dice) ? Unless you think some of them would be better to keep.
perforce87

Postby perforce87 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:51 am

Lorenzo wrote:The problem I have now with the bottom bar is that there is not much space, what do you think if when you select a model I hide the 5 buttons (save, map, tools, units and dice) ? Unless you think some of them would be better to keep.

I think it would be a great feature!

It would take a little bit of getting used to, but changing the dashboard/toolbar when you select a unit or a model is a great idea! and i think it would be intuitive both on a PC, and on a tablet.
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Postby Lorenzo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:05 am

perforce87 wrote:
Lorenzo wrote:The problem I have now with the bottom bar is that there is not much space, what do you think if when you select a model I hide the 5 buttons (save, map, tools, units and dice) ? Unless you think some of them would be better to keep.

It would take a little bit of getting used to, but changing the dashboard/toolbar when you select a unit or a model is a great idea! and i think it would be intuitive both on a PC, and on a tablet.

Regarding the centimeters instead, currently the tools (the graphical ones that you put on the table) are only in inches, just like in UB1. Do you think that is a problem or there should also be meters in centimeters?
perforce87

Postby perforce87 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:43 am

Lorenzo wrote:
perforce87 wrote:

Regarding the centimeters instead, currently the tools (the graphical ones that you put on the table) are only in inches, just like in UB1. Do you think that is a problem or there should also be meters in centimeters?

Not at all, i was just refering to the fact that if you are gonna copy directly from the UB1 format, both the expandable ruler, and the wheel distance is shown in both inches and CM. And i just dont know of any system that uses CM, so what i wanted was just a way to get rid of the CM-information since i dont think anyone uses it. I think that having rulers and all distances shown only in inches would be the best option.
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Postby Lorenzo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:02 am

There is a new version up for download, can you guys please let me know if it has any issues? it addresses all of the bugs discussed here, except one that I am not sure what is, regarding the chat messages needing more space, what is exactly the problem with that?
perforce87

Postby perforce87 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:52 am

Lorenzo wrote:There is a new version up for download, can you guys please let me know if it has any issues? it addresses all of the bugs discussed here, except one that I am not sure what is, regarding the chat messages needing more space, what is exactly the problem with that?

I think that since the chat is so small, and alot of people forget to mark the end of sentences, people would like to have a little "ekstra" gab, between 2 seperetely written messages, even though they are from the same player.

Could be like this:

Mikkel Aagaard:
My Iron orcs attacks
your peasonts

I mean Peasants
Other player:
Go ahead
perforce87

Postby perforce87 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:34 am

Just tried out version 0.8.4

i tested out the additional info tab, both in game, and in the model-editor, and it work just as i would like. Only thing i would love added, is the possibility to add info for several models at a time, like id i select and entire unit in game and would like to add the same info to all the models.
Though i have not been able to test if i can see an opponents info.

The dice roller works like a charm! it is very easy and convenient to use, will make gaming on the platform smoother :)

Distance on wheels, works just as it should, easy, and about the right size for my taste.

Not sure about what the feature with the "latest added/changed models" tab in the lobby is good for, since i don't think i will be using other peoples models like that very often. I would more often want to search for en entire army and use that.

The "command counters" are very good, and could maybe even be a little bit smaller. I like that you can move them, and put them over specific models in a unit to show who is actually the champion model, and who is the banner or musician.
Abrasus

Postby Abrasus » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:06 pm

Lorenzo wrote:

Thanks, some of these are already in development.
1) What do you mean exactly? you can tap on their chat messages also from chat to allow them to play.
2) Command group is big so that the symbols are easier to touch, it also can be unlinked, it's the button in the shape of a broken chain, does it not work for you?
3) What do you mean space? currently if you write messages right after another, the chat is smart enough to group them under your name, is this confusing?
4) This feature will ship in the next version (possibility today or tomorrow).
5) This feature will ship in the next version (possibility today or tomorrow).

1) If I tap from chat, it didn't show me an option to allow him to play, I needed to click in the users tab
2) It works for me, but I don't like that it can be separated by broking the chain. You don't need it in the game. I also don't know what was bad about previous size
3) What perforce87 said 2 posts ago
6) Also mentioned in the thread

Cheers!
Abrasus

Postby Abrasus » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:40 am

Also I tried today to add models to my new army, but it said that there was some problems and I should move to more stable net connection - I was using my computer at my house and at my fiancee house - both with very stable connections. Was it only me experiencing the problem?
nickthewarlord

Postby nickthewarlord » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:10 am

If I may make a suggestion. IS there a way to add a Turn Counter? Where its on the bar with the Model, Map, Save, etc. I am not sure what to make of it, but I just thought it would be neat.
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Postby Lorenzo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:18 am

Abrasus wrote:Also I tried today to add models to my new army, but it said that there was some problems and I should move to more stable net connection - I was using my computer at my house and at my fiancee house - both with very stable connections. Was it only me experiencing the problem?

It should be working now, can you give it another try?
Abrasus

Postby Abrasus » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:55 am

Works fine now. I would agree to turn counter :)
perforce87

Postby perforce87 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:18 am

nickthewarlord wrote:If I may make a suggestion. IS there a way to add a Turn Counter? Where its on the bar with the Model, Map, Save, etc. I am not sure what to make of it, but I just thought it would be neat.

Abrasus wrote:Works fine now. I would agree to turn counter :)

https://trello.com/c/B2EiF1Zf/4-turn-counter

Here you go :)
Fred le gaucher

Postby Fred le gaucher » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:49 pm

Hello,

I can't login with UB2 :
It seems that I cant't type spaces for my username in UB2, which is quite inconvenient with an username like mine. :roll:

Return to “Bugs/Feedback”