Correspondence play

General section to talk about other things.
PlasmaMike

Correspondence play

Postby PlasmaMike » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:32 pm

Hey Lorenzo and company,

UB2 is looking great, thank you for the update.

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to pass a game back and forth through email or something. For a game like kings of war, I don't need to do anything while my opponent plays. And in my case I can't often get a two hour time block to play a full game. I can however, get 15 minutes here and there to play a single turn. So is there some way I can take my turn, move, roll all my dice, have it all recorded in the text log, then pass the whole thing off to a friend for him to take his turn when he finds his own 15 minute time chunk?

This seemed to be possible in UB1 because the save files were exportable. I don't see a way to do it in UB 2 though.

Thanks,
Mike
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Re: Correspondence play

Postby Lorenzo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:38 am

Hi Mike, it's not really possible. Also I am not sure how you have done this in UB1 since the chat and the rolled dice would not be saved. In general though this game has not been thought for asynchronous gameplay.
PlasmaMike

Re: Correspondence play

Postby PlasmaMike » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:58 am

I never actually did it in UB1, mostly because it would have been infeasible with WHFB. it just seemed possible. Couldn't you have just copied the text with the dice rolls?

For UB2, is there no way to make the save file accessible? I know some other guys with young families, and they would love a asynchronous option.

In any case, thank you for making this game. The models look great. Just wish I had time to play it.

Return to “General”