BETA Testers

General section to talk about other things.
Lorenzo
Site Admin

BETA Testers

Postby Lorenzo » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:42 am

Hello everyone!
Thank you so much for your help through this BETA test!

I have been working countless hours to rebuild Universal Battle from Flash to Unity. The goal is to make this game accessible on as many platforms as possible, including Android and iOS!

One thing you will immediately notice is that the game takes a little longer to load, this is normal, at least for now, while I figure out a smart caching strategy.
If you are interested in seeing the progress of the project, have a look at this Trello board, which I update anytime I fix or add something: https://trello.com/b/swLZ3mTM/universal-battle-2

If you are on Windows dowload the game here: https://universalbattle2.com/builds/Windows.zip
If you are on Mac dowload the game here: https://universalbattle2.com/builds/Mac.zip
(During this period you might see a Popup that tells you that a new version is available, if that happens, please use this links to redownload the new version)

This post should be locked, please use the Bugs/Feedback section to report anything. https://universalbattle2.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6

Feel free to share this links with your friends, but please remind them that the game is still in BETA and I will be adding new features/fixes soon.

I can't wait to hear what you think about it, also please feel free to take some cool screen shots and post them on the forum!
Thank you!
perforce87

Re: BETA Testers

Postby perforce87 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:04 am

Thx alot for letting me be part of this, and awsome job Lorenzo!

Just had my first look around and so far it looks really good.

I took me just over 30 mins to create my first OnG list for 9th age, attaching a pic

[EDIT]
Tho i was missing a banner option when creating models, so i had to use a trident and a bear rug as a subtitute :D
Attachments
ScreenShot00015.jpg
ScreenShot00015.jpg (223.28 KiB) Viewed 3006 times
danrakh

Postby danrakh » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:36 pm

I can confirm that UB1 login/password works as well with UB2.

Been wondering if ability to save/load the match is due to pro account from UB1 or it's a common feature.

I miss an option for saving army placement though.

UB2 seems little less clear than UB1 (on the field that is, with zoom out), but it may be just different style that I need to get used to.

A few more model options would be awesome (like flying machines), also some basic shapes to build entire model on your own (triangle, circle, square etc) and perhaps movable arms (or different pose).

Love linking model option and auto measuring when moving the unit, would be great if this would also calculate wheel distance.

Running multiple instances of UB2 in the same time doesn't seem to provoke any issues.

Looking really good!
Vega

Postby Vega » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:07 pm

What I love:

Everything looks fantastic.
You can edit units in game now.
You can change the size of terrain features now.
Way more sci-fi/modern weapon options.
You can change colours of elements in the army creation now - blue armour = power armour!

What I'd like to see added:

A way to upload your own art in the army creation feature.
Some sci-fi/modern options in army creation - space marine helmets, imperial guard style helmets, etc.

Great job overall Lorenzo. Even scaling everything down to 6mm scale on a 24" square board looks great now.
Lorenzo
Site Admin

Postby Lorenzo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:20 pm

This post should be locked, please use the Bugs/Feedback section to report anything. viewforum.php?f=6

Return to “General”